Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's He Got That You Haven't Got?

15th June, 2011 (Montreal)--Comparing yourself to others is a slippery fall down a slope into a narcissistic hell where the pool at the bottom is too rippled to see your own reflection. Despite that, let's take a look anyway.

Easy come, easy stay as they say when it comes to Gingham

Green with hunger: Brown baggin' it in Montreal
In our continuing Gingham Street Scene reportage in the deep middle of Le Plateau Montreal today we came across Alan sporting Gingham the way it was always meant to be.  Generally I get three responses when ambushing somebody. Worst case is they tell me to get lost and "No I don't want my godamb picture taken you poof" thrown in, as happened to me yesterday (turned out the guy was my next door neighbour). Secondly you get people who have never heard of Gingham, but seeing me wearing Gingham brings back memories of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, or that girl from Wizard of Oz and they are totally fine. The third type know instantly what I'm talking about, there is no hesitation at all and we just get on it with it. It's because this type's GOT GINGHAM. Thanks Alan.





--Some types don't even realize it: here is my neighbour. I am not really cool with the idea of candid shots nor am I cool with the word 'type' except in the written sense, but look at the man--totally making up for his taste in beer with his taste in textile.

If it's at least past noon, then it's time you went to the store and GOT GINGHAM

No comments:

Post a Comment